Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Model of Restraint

This beautiful pile represents my entire ribbon purchase during the April 2011 trip to the Paris fabric market.  I really held back!  Truth be told.  I did not use a piece from everything I bought last year....and usually that means I can't buy any more.  But these were so pretty.  I could not leave empty handed.
I love how the shop girls roll the ribbon.  This is exactly how I received my ribbons after they were cut and when I pulled them out onto my table, they were still so nicely rolled.

2 comments:

  1. They look like frilly can can dresses from the Moulin Rouge. I expect them to get up and dance any minute! The roses are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love holding them in my hands. Wouldn't they all look great on a latin dance dress?

    ReplyDelete