Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Good Mailing List - Year Two

This is the second year the most amazing invitation has landed in my mail box.
I attended an
amfar event organized by the Stationary Show in New York several years ago which is how I may have ended up on this mailing list. The tickets for individuals wishing to attend this event are $1000.

This years invite arrived in a clear envelope. It is holographic plastic paper with gold embossing. Just beautiful. Last year's invite is linked here. I have always loved the business of printing and would have loved to see how this was designed and then actually printed.

Since the invitation is in my studio It inspired me to find my own hot red fabric with gold. I knew I had a piece somewhere.
I made these new yo yo beads Alma demonstrated in our online class this week. So while I won't be attending this event, it will certainly inspire me.

Now. Speaking of inspiration. Look at all the links the jewelery beads have for you this week! Get that second cup of coffee and enjoy!

A Bead A Day

Do you like to mix crafting with jewelry making? Lisa is looking for crafty ideas for using a filigree pendant to create a unique piece of jewelry.

About.com Jewelry Making

Tammy announces her first About.com jewelry making video.

Art Bead Scene

While Art Bead Scene Editor, Cindy Gimbrone is on vacation, she's left us a gem from Studio Saturday - her box of inspiration!

Beading Arts

After receiving a wonderful package of crystals from Auntie's Beads, Cyndi set out to make a bracelet that would show them off!

Carmi's Art/Life World

Carmi was at CHA in Chicago and has a fabulous post about Prima Marketing.

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva

While Cindy's off enjoying the bead-ch, let's get ready for the upcoming HalloweenMas newsletters by checking in on a re-wind. It's Barbe Saint John's magic with Cindy's Calaveraz.

Carmi's Art/Life World

The new Katiedids components are responsible for Carmi's new pearl necklace design.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio

Lorelei shows off her loot from her Bead Fest Philadelphia trip!

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!

Jean is totally WOWed by the fabulous Margot Potter's latest book: scroll down to read the truly intriguing review of this unique book--it is SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment