Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Katiedids Necklace!

This necklace is so nice to wear. It has just the right amount of weight to sit perfectly when it is on.

The bezels that you see came from the new components collection Katie Hacker launched this year. I visited her at CHA and she gave me a package of five to experiment with. Right away I saw the bezel part as something I could pour resin into.

These components were designed so that you can suspend beads and other items through the pre drilled holes. I decided to use some jeweled wire eye pins to close those holes and embed an image and some very old pearls into the two different sections.

The wire I worked with later to create the dangle.

My new pearl necklace is really me!
And I had two more bezels to make yet another coat badge!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE it Carmi!! Missed that at CHA. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that term..."Coat Badge". I had not heard this before, but it brings up ideas of girl guides and boy scouts and prizes for a job well done. I must find a coat badge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow! Love what you did with your Katiedids, Carmi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the bib necklace,the bezel setting have a very distinct vintage feel, and you can clearly see that it is delicately handmade.A perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow beautiful necklace simply epic.

    ReplyDelete