Thursday, July 08, 2010

Resin Filled Napoleon Medallion

It is so hot and hazy outside that I had a hard time taking a picture of this new medallion. Either my camera lens fogged up or the surface of this resin filled area. I think you can see it in this picture though.

I found this sheet of vintage French stamps in Paris this April. I am not certain if they were stamps for the mail system or if they were a specialty set. I loved them no matter what because they have a very Napoleonic bee as the central image.

I cut and glued one stamp to this unusual brooch/medallion. It had a perfect bezel for adding resin. Then I remembered the tiny Napoleon medal I had. It is so small I needed to find a home for it since I didn't just want to keep it in the cardboard. Then I would never see it.

I thought it would be a good idea to add a little gold to both the medallion and the medal. The silver made it look too new.

I have a pin back on the medallion which I should have added last. It made it hard to pour the resin in the bezel. I sat it in this bed of tiny stones to create a level surface for the resin to dry on. This will look beautiful on a jacket this fall.

2 comments:

  1. this came out amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent piece! I love its regal style.

    ReplyDelete