Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Marie Goes To Musee d'Orsay

Bonjour! Our last day in Paris for now.

The morning was spent at the Musee d'Orsay. I love this museum...more than the Louvre. The lighting is natural and as long as you don't use a flash you can take pictures to your hearts content.

This Van Gogh is actually a very muted blue.

It might be faded a little. I got up close for some detail shots and brightened him up a little.

Olympia was as popular as ever. This whole family had their portraits taken with the painting. Must remember to do this next time. Must remember to take a friend with me for portrait.

I took so many photos that I am only showing you a few highlights.
This is a Renoir I have never seen before. I stared at it for a long time.

Isn't he beautiful? I hope this child had a good life.

One of the featured exhibitions was this salute to art nouveau.
Sadly, the audio was only in French. I love to walk around with a headset! You have an expert in your head.

They showed original art nouveau and the 1960's revival of the art form.
Isn't this a cool breakfast nook?

The new restaurant is open. It is a huge open space and I only photographed one end of it.

I didn't have time for the restaurant so I had this fast lunch in the cafe. Salad Parisian and a cafe creme.

3 comments:

  1. Musee d'Orsay is my favourite museum in Paris... I agree -MUCH nicer than the Louvre -- and was the highlight of my trip taken FAR too long ago.

    What a GREAT way to wind up a trip to Paris. Love the pics. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmi, these blog posts are absolutely delightful; I'm lovin' them all. Wish I was there too :-)
    Remind me when you get back about my "mean shopkeeper" photo .... I've not shown it to anyone but I feel I must share it now. Some people shouldn't be allowed to run shops.....
    :-)
    ==lennie==

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    I am so glad people are reading my posts! I have you all along with me in spirit!

    ReplyDelete