Thursday, July 01, 2010

Images on Shell

There are many, many transfer techniques. I only use one, and while it may be the most expensive option, it pays me back with perfect transfers every time. When I want to transfer an image I use Lazertran.

I started out this project with these shell rectangles. I have been waiting for some time to free up so I could transfer some images to their translucent surface.

As you can see from my table, I made quite a few pendants. Once I get an idea for something I usually make a half dozen at the same time.

Although these pendants are gorgeous and wearable, I plan to use them on an art card series.

But I'll keep one of each to wear on a necklace.

It's Canada Day! So I am just enjoying doing some odd chores both inside and outside today. I have a trellis to set up and some outdoor art to hang on brick. Have a great day friends!

14 comments:

  1. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!
    your necklaces came out wonderful!!! i hope i can buy one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effect. I like the texture and finish. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. Lazertran with a printer? I have a whole box, of this product, I've had a heck of a time with this not being able to print at a copy machine. Your imagines are lovely and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, Lazertran is tricky printer wise. Their website lists all the compatible printers...you definitely need a lazer printer that uses a toner for the original Lazertran, although they have a second version that work in ink jet printers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are absolutely gorgeous! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Canada Day. The shell transfers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are the shell rectangles? something you purchased, something you made? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, they were purchased...I have loads of shell in my stash that I purchased at various bead stores. I have lots of circles too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH HELL! THESE ARE SOOOOOOO COOL!
    I hope you got your trellis up ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely. I hope you had a great Canada day!

    jean yates xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fellow Canuck. I just think you are an image transfer whiz! I plan to feature your transfer work (and link of course) in a future blog post. Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful...I mean no words to describe how polished and dreamy those pendants look...beautiful!!
    I really really wish I had one of them....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found this blog and I know its pretty old but im have a question im hoping you can answer/respond to.

    I am doing some things with brass and copper and I want to transfer images, will Lazertran work well with that medium? I was looking at ITS as my product of choice to do the transfers until I found your blog.

    Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Shae

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shae, I prefer Lazertran, but people use so many different types of glues and surfaces that I can't say if it would be right for your applications. In the end, you need to just do a dozen experiments.

    ReplyDelete