Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Plaid Stencil Silk Screen T-shirt Idea

How decadent does this look?

I have been chomping at the bit to make this t-shirt for months now.
I was on The Shopping Channel with Donna Dewberry this spring and she presented these fast and easy (and inexpensive) silk screen stencil kits.

You just lay the stencil down on a t-shirt and with the handy dandy squeegee you just pull a line of paint (included)in one direction on the stencil and you have a silk screened t-shirt. The gold paint dried beautifully. I thought I might just leave the t-shirt as is....but I just could not! I'm an over embellisher!

The kit came with some glue and rhinestones too. So that got me thinking....I have this box of Rhinestones from 3 Birds...it is filled with even more shapes and sizes. I just started gluing!

Before I knew it the gluing was over. I was almost done, but then I grabbed some gold chain and sewed it in place around the collar. Since I was sewing...I added a few more charms and dangles.....The I found a real cameo in my stash and covered the gold painted one.....

All done. Now where to wear it?

11 comments:

  1. Right where I am at this moment would be appropriate. Come on over to Lyon! and we'll have Champagne..I can see you arriving in your shirt! Brava. Very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the vibrant colours :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous what you did with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS, FABULOUS result...bravo and I'm a size M-L !!! (hint, hint) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful kit idea! You did a fantastic job with it. Wish we could see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe how cool that is! I haven't visited your blog in quite some time, so this morning I'm going to drink some coffee and read some of your past posts.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute - These are the Simply Screens by Plaid. They are also in the Jo-ann etc. shops and now at Michaels. So easy and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Carmi! I especially love the diamond on the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey i'm a fellow artist just found your sweet blog and love what your doing. Keep up the good work and whipping out the good stuff.
    Trent
    Srednastees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete