Monday, May 08, 2017

Lush Green Multi Length Simply Stylish Necklace



By Carmi Cimicata for John Bead Corp and Perles Et Cetera

This is the English translation for this project which appeared in the magazine in French.



When Pantone announced that the 2017 Colour of the year was GREENERY, I was ecstatic. Green is such a powerful colour. Pantone described it as fresh, restorative and Nature’s neutral. “A life-affirming shade, Greenery is also emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality.”

I truly enjoy stringing interesting components, so it was easy for me to just go to my stash and gather strands of green beads for this project. John Bead Corp has over 3000 items that are “green” including Czech pressed glass beads, wood beads and semi precious stones.



The unique product that I was most interested in using for the first time was the green Lucite petal beads in our Tropical Punch collection. These petal beads are available in several colours. The green is a non-traditional flower colour, however for this project it is a perfect addition.

The curved petal beads become a flower shape when strung on elastic and tied tightly together with a knot. This creates a circle center.

You can stretch the circle center over the flower component crystal and it will settle into place. For extra security you can add a little bit of glue to the knot you made with the elastic.

I strung a very long strand of multi shaped beads from my collection. I finished each side of the beaded necklace with an EZ Crimp End.

My beautiful long strand of beads does not need a clasp to get it on and off. I opted to attach both ends to my Flower Maker components. The necklace is ready to wear.
I could have stopped at this point and would have been happy with my statement piece.

However, I had already decided that I would want to wear this necklace a couple of different ways. My next step was to create this simple necklace extender with some lobster clasps, jump rings and chain.

Then I placed some large jump rings in several key spots on my long necklace.

The jump rings look like part of my design.

My necklace looks wonderful worn as one long piece.

When I attach my necklace extender to those jump rings I can created tiered lengths.

Add in a necklace extender and jump rings and I have several new looks to enjoy.
This will be my go-to summer look!

When I want the flower to be showcased differently I can wear it this way.
The GREENERY colour of the year has inspired me to create a new necklace that I can wear several different ways. Like the colour, I am feeling refreshed and restored now that I have completed this project.
All products from John Bead Corp
Tropical Punch Flower Maker (Gold)     26011512
Tropical Punch Petal Curved (Shaded Green)      28400689-03
Elastic Cord
Large and small Jump Rings
Lobster Clasps
Selection of pressed glass beads
Wood beads
EZ-Crimp Ends from Beadalon

No comments:

Post a Comment