Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tropical Punch Fashion Show Jewelery


Earlier this year Nancy Donaldson and myself spent several days creating three sets of jewelry for the Creativity on The Catwalk Show at the Craft Hobby & Stitch International in Birmingham-UK.

We were the first designers to work with a new collection created by Fernando DaSilva for John Bead, and it's Dazzle-it brand called Tropical Punch.

Some of the items we used ultimately didn't make it into the final selection of products (there are 150 in the collection) but we were thrilled to showcase all the possibilities.  

My favorite part of the process was that even though I had two sets and Nancy was meant to focus on the soutache set (which took much longer) we ended up working jointly throughout.  Nancy has a better of of attaching items with wire and I like to create cascading pieces.  Designing as a team was fantastic.
Nancy's soutache set is a showstopper.  



This floral theme is sure to brighten your day!  I can see Carmen Miranda wearing this!



I taught myself how to make these beaded flowers.  Several how-to posts will be featured on John Bead's sites.



Spring will be all about Tropical Punch!
You can see more on www.dazzle-it.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment