Monday, February 02, 2015

Stitched 2015


Would you like to learn how I preserve fibers in resin for permanent keepsakes? I am thrilled to be part of Stitched 2015 where I will have my online class:

Preserving Fiber Arts In Resin


If you come across vintage tatting, crochet or lacework while antiquing you will probably find many hand-embellished pieces that are worn, stained or torn.  They still have value but are difficult to repair.  Many crafters incorporate these found pieces into new linens or wearables.  I have discovered that embedding portions of detail work in resin is possible and can result in some outstanding new art jewelry.  
In my workshop I will show you how I cut, assemble and protect vintage items and how to place them into a bezel.  I’ll explain the proper techniques to mix and pour resin and how to assemble a finished set of bezels into a statement necklace with handmade fabric buttons.



STITCHED 2015 consists of:

Seven online classes by an eclectic group of artists.
Alma Stoller the organizer, Hanna Andersson, Lynn Krawczyk, Celeste Beck, 
Lesley Riley, Lidija Miklavcic, Carrie Payne and Carmi Cimicata.

In addition, Alma Stoller will post a new online class every month for the entire year.
Everything from doll making, silk ribbon embroidery and crochet, including two art quilt classes called Ladies of the Canyon and She's so Unusual.
A view Alma's online STITCHED class called Ladies of the Canyon
There will also be a 12 x 12 Block-of-the-Month every month.

6 giveaway prizes that any registered STITCHED student can win.

STITCHED 2015 will last an entire year. 
It starts March 1st 2015 and ends March 1st, 2016. 
It is hosted in a private ning.com site.
It consists of over 25 online video instructions for only 
$89.00 
Now, let me introduce you to the STITCHED 2015 instructors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment