Wednesday, September 24, 2014

KLIK Cuffs With Hand Crafted Buttons



I have a new set of favorite cuffs to share with you!  I wrote this article for Metal Complex blog this week.
In order to make them, I needed Button Covers (1) a vintage piece of linen (2) and KLIK glue on snap bases (3).
 
Making your own buttons are easy if you buy a well known sewing supply called a button cover.  Our new KLIK snap bases are designed to make attaching buttons easy.  The wire back of the button gets glued into the snap..so nothing has to be cut.
Here are my vintage linen buttons after I placed them in my button cover sets.
The buttons were pretty, but beaded edges made them even lovelier.  I was so pleased to upcycle the hand embroidery on the linen.
I simply glued the KLIK snap base to the button.
I also made a few extra snap buttons with Dazzle-it resin sew-on stones.  Now I can mix and match these into my KLIK projects.
These are so gorgeous on the KLIK leather cuffs!
The entire KLIK collection can be seen online as a downloadable catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment