Friday, November 29, 2013

Anthropologie Makes

A few weeks ago I showed you the collection of crafting supplies I bought at Anthropologie instead of a new shirt.  I do have my priorities in order.  These balls of exquisite sari yarn are fabulous.
However, it is well known that I neither knit nor crochet.  Why do I keep buying yarn?
I brought Nancy Donaldson to the store to see the yarn and of course, she bought one too.  I figure we would give ourselves a deadline to use it within the month....and happily, we both can say we used the yarn for a project right away.
I am experimenting with weaving on a small loom.  So I decided to weave my yarn.
The colour and thickness of the yarn changes throughout the skein so I had no idea how it would turn out.  I am going to be doing more weaving!
Nancy crocheted this necklace!
She interspersed beads and made the most beautiful strand.
Her bead cap is great too!

Hope you liked our experiments.
Now I can buy more yarn!

3 comments:

  1. I love this experiment and the yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of those!

    Did Nancy make those bead caps herself? They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know she made them.....whatever she touches...

    ReplyDelete