Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No-Sew Night Shirt with e-Bosser

 This is the cutest night shirt I have ever had!
 This is a simple no-sew project.  You attach fabric to fabric using your iron and a product known as "steam-a-seam" or "wonder under."  You can see in this picture that I have ironed some of the double stick product to the back side of my black and white fabric.  I leave the paper backing in place for now.
 Then I centered my fabric over an accuquilt die that cuts bear shapes.
 I then load this "sandwich" of dies and platforms into my eBosser.
 You can see that the pressure of my eBosser was perfect and my bear with the sticky backside is now cut.
 All I have to do is iron him to my t-shirt!
 I could add some hand stitching or run this through my sewing machine for extra detailing.
 But I hope you can see this is very firmly attached.
 One bear looked lonely, so I cut out two more using the same techniques.
 Then I ironed some double stick to the back of this pink fabric to cut out my bear parts.  This time I ran three layers of fabric with sticky back on the reverse through at the same time.
One more pass with the iron and the little pink parts were attached!

No comments:

Post a Comment