Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Rumpelstiltskin - He's a She!


I think I met Rumpelstiltskin at the 
Creativ Festival last week.

Only it was a "she" and she does indeed spin fibers into gold, because there was very little left in my wallet after spending time with Rumple, I mean Cheryl in her booth.
More than one friend has commented on my increasing collection of fabulous wool.  
They inquire because they know I neither knit or crochet.
 Why do I need this wool?
Well just look at it!  Isn't it inspired?  I LOVE IT!!!
This one is called "Rosey Posey"
Italian merino, silk throwster's waste, mohair, bamboo, cashmere and metallic thread.
 This is the skein that stopped me in my tracks.  Truly.  
What more needs to be done.  You can wear it as is!
"Mists of Avalon"
The sheep: 100% Wensleydale (imported)
Hand spun, hand dyed locks with mohair/silk yarn and glass beads.
 The colours are FANTABULOUS!
 And this wool.  What can I say,  the colours are so me.
 "Oscar and Sophia"
Merino, alpaca, faux cashmere, Angelina and silk

 It makes me want to learn how to spin.
Or maybe just watch someone else spin.
So, why do I need the wool?
For this new group of projects.....this wool is art and I plan to turn it into jewelry!

Fullin' Woolens
www.fullinwoolens.com
Artist Spinner:  Cheryl Roberts

Rumpelstiltskin is the title character and antagonist of a fairy tale that originated in Germany.  The tale was collected by the Brothers Grimm.  I grew up with this story.  The usual telling is that a girl gets locked in a tower by a king who orders her to spin hay into gold.  Rumple arrives to help and after three nights of assistance is promised her first child for his help...he doesn't get the baby when the girl finds out his real name.

1 comment:

  1. Fullin' WoolensMay 08, 2013

    Carmi,

    It was a pleasure to meet another "kindred spirit" in the fibre world. Am thrilled that my yarns have served to spark your creativity - it is my desire to inspire! Can't wait to see what these yarns become!

    ReplyDelete