Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday In The Fabric District

 Most people who exit at the Anvers Metro station are on their way to the Sacre Coeur.  This is also the way to the Fabric District.  It sure is nice to see this against a blue sky.  I had a wonderful day!
The streets are now half regular fabric stores and half a type of store only the most determined fabric lover would dare go into.  These stores have pre-cut, pre-priced pieces.  The prices are excellent and you just never know what you'll find.  See that arrow?  I found a piece of fabric even the cashier loved (and didn't see.)
 Not everything is jumbled....but after a bunch of people start going through these folded sections...it all gets mixed up again.
 I spent most of the morning in my favourite ribbon and button store....they have fabric too, but there is no time when you have to review this wall of eye candy!
 I wanted everything!
 I did buy from about 12 different jars...you could hear the groans in the one and only check out line when I gave the cashier my basket.....they are finally computerised though!
This is the big fish that got away.
A piece of fabric I coveted from the moment I saw it.......hundreds of Euros and I have no way to justify the purchase.  Love it though!

4 comments: