Friday, April 29, 2011

My Typewriter Salute

 Last week quite a few of us were sad to read that the last typewriter factory was shutting down.
 I have been taking lots of pictures of vintage typewriters.
 I love the older antiques and the retro 60's typewriters best.
  Pink Petticoat had some fabulous down loadable typewriters that are perfect for card makers.
I built my cards and used some new papers and embellishments that are in my studio right now.  The paper you see on these cards are from the new Crafter's Companion Fairyopolis Paper Pack.  The rhinestones are from a Bling Bling set by 3 Birds that we should be launching on The Shopping Channel soon.
The digital files I downloaded also came with these sentiments.  I mounted mine with a little bit of double-sided foam tape.
 You can make up your saying too.
 So here is my salute to the typewriter.  
You got me through high school and university.  Kids today have no idea how easy they have it.  No carbon paper.  No white out.
 I think I will still look for one of these antiques to have on display in my studio.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carmi!
    How often do you get to write "downloadable typewriter". You gave me a good giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am starting my own dictionary!

    ReplyDelete