Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Staples Stapler

Friends, you are looking at a $100+ stapler. Well, it's a stapler with no actual staples included.
It was an impulse buy. So impulsive, that 5 years later I still have not used it. So I am keeping it out on my desk where I can at least admire it's beautiful shape.

There is a tiny stationary store in Paris where you can buy singles of everything. I think you know the type. You select one fabulous piece of paper, one envelope and maybe a new nib for your calligraphy pen. It is all so gorgeous that you linger and look at everything. My friend Edie noticed an interesting paper fold and when she asked the store owner, he pulled out the stapleless stapler. One demo later and we were both pulling out the $50+ Euros needed to pay for this little contraption. We were surprised he had two in the store!

This is what it does. Somehow the tool cuts, tucks and folds a small piece of paper with one punch. Isn't that magical? It does not work with card stock...it really is best with just a few sheets of text weight paper.
Believe it or not I found a less expensive version of the tool in another stationary shop in the US. Not nearly as attractive, this little blue device does the exact same thing. Why I bought a second one I do not know.....perhaps the world will run out of staples and these will really come in handy!

8 comments:

  1. Love it. It's kind of like when you don't have a paper clip and you tear a little piece of paper at the top of the page and fold it down.... Not nearly as neat and professional looking as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this at Lee Valley too. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a staple less stapler too but mine is DEFINITELY more like your second than your first!!! I DO use it but not very often.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an ingenious tool. I'm off to the internet to look for one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmi, your expensive silver stapler is so beautiful. I have the cheap on and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually have 2 of the cheaper kind. Do I ever use them? NO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do we buy them? We have to have everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally have one of these! LOVE IT! But your Paris version is definitely stylin compared to what is available here. I got mine at Chapters!

    ReplyDelete