Sunday, July 11, 2010

Resin Embellishments


Weekends are all about the garden. I am always surprised at the difference you can make weeding for a few hours.....yet sometimes not a darn thing gets accomplished in the same amount of time in my studio. I have been pouring resin in these oval bezels every morning. I like to know that my studio is still working when I am not in it. It is very satisfying to hold these embellishments after 24 hours. Our home is air conditioned and my studio has been cooler than normal. The resin has been sluggish and thick so I almost broke down and brought it all outside. But these all turned out beautifully and now that they are mostly cured I will let the sun do the final drying. I won't have any bugs or dust drying in them now.

A Bead A Day
If you are a fan of turning flea market finds into shabby chic treasures, stop by A Bead A Day to help Lisa with ideas for using a bead reminiscent of an antique treasure.

About.com Jewelry Making

Tammy has been thinking about Christmas in July this week, starting with beaded ornament covers.

Art Bead Scene

Art Bead Scene offers up a unique inspiration piece for July. Stop by and take the ABS Challenge!

Beading Arts

Cyndi wants to know: what does your work say about YOU?

Carmi's Art/Life World

A Napoleon themed medallion is this week's resin project with Carmi!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva

This week's Wednesday Wire is in the mood - in the mood to make something special so she turns to a fabulous tutorial.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles

Melanie reviews some of the Song Lore pieces she has finished in the first half year of the project.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio

Lorelei was a participant in the first Designer Challenge at the Art Bead Scene. Come over and see what she made with her Humblebeads!

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!

This book review by Jean discusses making fabulous earrings in 30 minutes flat! How cool is that?

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton

Honoring a friend who passed away, Andrew hosts a necklace auction on his blog to raise money for a good cause.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the resin is sluggish because of the humidity. Even with the a/c, the humidity reading indoors is higher than usual. They are all beautiful, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture. Is that charms? It looks very cute. Thank you for the links. It brought me to a very useful and informative blogs. I will be visiting this blog more often.

    ReplyDelete