Thursday, August 05, 2010

What to do with a bad photo?

Ordinarily, I am a viscous photo editor.
When I load the pictures onto my computer I immediately scan and delete.
Out of focus - delete.
Sun glare - delete.
Accidental photo - delete.
But some of the pictures I take at an important location I have a hard time culling.
That's why this slightly out of focus tulip is still on my hard drive.
It isn't an ordinary tulip.
It's a tulip in Monet's Garden. I tried to delete it but decided to save it instead.

Here it is redone in Photoshop! Now I have a "Warhol style" tulip to use in my art card productions.
Monet's Garden and Museum is about an hour outside of Paris. It really is a lovely day trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hi hi hi - so nice to meet you - came over here from ??? ok - now I don't remember as I've been blog hopping all night! Listen, love your book! I'm going to get it - I just self published two books myself using snapfish -haven't tried blurb yet - looks like blurb might be cheaper ;) Also, love love your banner. I too btw am a paris lover - I went last year for the first time and I'm trying to figure out how/when I can go again. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete