Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More Flowers Than I Could Possibly Use!

This is my latest necklace sample.
I honestly can't remember when a project in my head came together so easily on my work table.

The inspiration for this necklace and the many many samples I am now working on is this amazing set of fabric and felt flowers. 3 Birds constantly surprises me with fantastic paper arts supplies and I will be presenting these on The Shopping Channel in the next few weeks.

I opened every single package and realized I has a huge selection of flowers and flower parts to work with. Almost too many because I was temporarily blank. What should I do first?

I gathered a few of the flowers and just covered them in one layer of resin. This way they would be extra stiff and shiny. I also had a black lace collar to work on and my handy rhinestone setter tool.

When I attached all the flowers with the rhinestone prongs I thought that it might feel a little scratchy against my neck.

So I glued on one extra layer of soft black felt.

Now that I see the flowers up close I love them even more!

A floral necklace for the most flowery time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, BEAUTIFUL !!!! Are you in town? I sent you an email hoping we could get together. Hoping to hear from you. Bisous, Franca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! incredible flowers and designs you are seriously gifted

    ReplyDelete