Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brocade Ribbon Beads/Pendants

I am not sure whether to call these beaded brocade ribbon beads or pendants.
 They were made from the last of my vintage brocade sampler that I purchased in Paris in 2009.
The sampler would have been what a ribbon salesperson would show when they met with store owners.  The collection was gorgeous.  I made no eye contact with the price tag and simply pulled out my wallet.
 My planned project for the ribbon was this necklace.  I had a wonderful time beading each of the sampler colours.  That post is linked here.
 This time I had smaller leftover pieces to work with so I opted to showcase the flower as much as possible.  The beaded edges are just something I do when I watch television.
 The necklace hangs really nicely.
I can now say I used every bit of my vintage brocade ribbon purchase!

Bead and Crafty Links 


From Kids’ crafts to one-of-a-kind cards to hand-decorated mugs and door hangers, The Artful Crafter has all the “deets” for you.


Take a peek Inside the Studio of Ema Kilroy - and be in with the chance of winning a stunning pressed flower pendant!


Do you ever get hooked on a particular bead, design, or technique? Then you’ll understand exactly what Lisa’s talking about this week. She’s hooked on foxes at the moment!


This week I show you how to make neon coloured resin objects with acrylic paint.


Jean has a giveaway of a book that is wonderful! See how to enter and perhaps win!!! Margie Deeb’s THE BEADERS GUIDE TO JEWELRY DESIGN !!!


Lynne Suprock of Simply Pretty Things stopped by for a playdate with Andrew. Check out what they made!


So many collage techniques…so little time!


Cyndi shares a really fun little project that will have you running for your button jar!

2 comments:

Natalie Green said...

The necklace has such an oriental vibe to it. It would look so lovely on a summer simple dress. Natalie

Jean said...

Carmi--the things you create always are amazing and beautiful! WOW! jean