Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vintage Tablecloth to Necklace

This is my welcome spring necklace!
I really need some floral inspiration right now.  I am still surrounded by mountains of snow and a grey sky.
This is the gorgeous piece of linen I am recycling into wearable art.  I cut around the stains and save as much of the hand embroidery as possible.
On the weekend I finally organized all my vintage linens into one area.  I can enjoy my collection everyday now, and not just when I open the box they used to be stored in.
I will really enjoy wearing this necklace!

5 comments :

Marian Hertzog said...

Love the necklace. I have so many vintage linens and doilies that I need ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Carol Briody said...

This is beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to save this treasure. Carol

Cherie Burbach said...

How clever! Love it.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Carmi, is there a post showing how you did this gorgeous necklace? I have a box of handkerchiefs embroidered by my (now deceased) sister as a young girl. I would love to be able to use and display them like this.

Becky Pancake said...

Way cool necklace. I could use some spring flowers too.