Monday, February 27, 2012

Sneak Peak at Claudine Hellmuth's Wood Kit for HSN!!

I had a fabulous time creating these cards featuring Claudine Hellmuth artwork.  
You won't be able to tell by looking at the picture that most of these embellishments are wood!
Claudine has a new limited edition laser cut wood kit launching March 6th on HSN and HSN.com!
 Here is a link to Claudine's YouTube preview.
 The wood art comes mounted on individual "recipe cards."  Isn't that brilliant?  
(I have a box because I am the UNOFFICIAL CLAUDINE HELLMUTH FAN CLUB MANAGER.)
 There are so many ways to use wood cuts.  On the video, Claudine shows you how to use the rub-ons included in the kit.  I chose to demonstrate how to work with tissue paper.  I have quite a good selection of tissue.  I used Claudine's Studio Multi-Medium to glue the wood art to the tissue.
When the multi-medium was dry I pulled out my special Westcott hobby knife.  I demonstrated it last month on The Shopping Channel.  It has a set of very unique blades which made cutting away my excess paper very easy!
 My wood art was already looking super at this point!
I then added some gold and silver marker to the wood art edges.  How about this boot?  I would love a pair just like this!
I needed a cup of tea at this point.  I let the metallic edges dry and came back for the fun part: assembling my cards!
 I used some of the chipboard and papers from Claudine's other kits
 The cards are dimensional but very light.
 My boots are ready for April showers!
That is my set.  You won't believe how many pieces are in this wood kit...I'll have a few more ideas to share later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Can I be in the Fan Club too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is beyond CUTE carmi!!!! I love the use of the tissue!!!! xxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable products and FAB projects Carmi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the wood cuts. I have to get one of those craft knives. Thanks for telling us about it, Carmi.

    I'm falling in love with Claudine Hellmuth's creations - thanks to your blog.

    ReplyDelete