Thursday, November 10, 2011

Humphrey's Corner Christmas Collection

 Hello friends! This is my post for the Crafter's Companion blog with a new card featuring the world's cutest elephant!
This is the advance set of rubber images I used for this 3D card.  It appealed to me because I always have bird feeders out for the winter.
 I tested out my new stamps.  What a pleasure it is to use a Crafter's Companion stamp that is already mounted onto thick foam. 
 I have an AccuCut machine.  I used it to cut my 3d card.
 Even though my card could be for any occasion, with Christmas just around the corner I did opt to make my card body festive.
 I used Spectrum Noir pens to colour my image.  We are all raving about these markers!  They work beautifully.
 I glued my 3d card together and added my bird feeder scene.
If you saw this card close up you would notice that I added glitter glue.  Spectrum Noir markers are alcohol-based, acid-free and fast drying, which means they won't bleed.  This is great when you are adding wet glitter glue and no longer need to worry about the colours bleeding.

1 comment:

  1. I love 3D cards! Doesn't everyone?

    This is darling, Carmi. Thanks for the tip on the alcohol-based glitter glue.

    ReplyDelete