Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pop Out Card For Crafters Companion Today

 Hello everyone!  This is my post demoing my favorite little elephants for the Crafter's Companion blog today.
 I made this pop out card to celebrate the launch of these new rubber stamps.
 The pop out card was easy to create using my Ultimate.  I scored two cards in order to make a front and inside for the card.
 The score lines make it so easy to create crisp professional folds.
 I also scored the half heart shape.
 After cutting out the heart line I had a heart pop out shape!
 I assembled the card and added some paper from the Fairyopolis paper pad.  The theme of October and the seasons changing was what I was hoping to showcase.
 After the card was assembled I also added this string in order to dangle my rubber stamped image.
 And isn't this rubber stamp set the cutest?
I have the "Hugs for you" set.  I stamped it on white card stock so it would dangle properly.
 The Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir markers are what I used to colour my image.  I hope they come to North America soon!  They are amazing to colour with.
Here are my elephants.  Happily snug as two bugs in this heart pop out.

2 comments:

  1. I love my Ultimate, but so far have only made envelopes. But I've been drooling over all the card and box options.

    Thanks for this how-to. I love how you inked the stamp, Carmi.

    Can you tell how you cut the heart? I mean, did you fold it in half and cut with scissors like we all did in grade school or did you use a craft knife? It look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing all of the steps for this card. I too have bought an Ultimate but I rarely use it. Maybe now I will try a pop-up!

    ReplyDelete