Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Post today is on The Crafters Companion Blog

Front
Hello Crafter's Companion friends.  This is Carmi blogging again during a week which was designated "bloggers choice."   I am so happy to be showing you my Fairyopolis 3D paper ornament today.  The Fairyopolis Paper Crafting kit will be launched (with me) on The Canadian Shopping Channel this August 1st!  I just know there will be a special price announcement on the 1st too!
Back

This fantastic and extensive Fairyopolis paper crafting set includes everything you need to showoff all your creative skills. My favorite item in the kit is a CD set to create over 11,000 printable elements including custom cards, envelopes, notepaper, card inserts, gift tags, banners, pillow boxes, decoupage, papers, borders, alphabet sets, teabags and more! 
 
I chose this 3D fairy to print.  I cut out all my elements from the first side.  Then I had my idea.  If I "flip" my images and print a second copy I could build a 3D ornament in two directions.
 Ordinarily I would have been happy to stop here.
But then I built the fairy in the opposite direction so that if it twirled on the stand you would see the fairy no matter which direction you were looking.
 Then I sprayed a little iridescent spray and sparkle glitter varnish onto my fairy.
I love the extra glitter!
 I had such a good time I made a second ornament!  All these elements are on the CDs.  I can print them over and over and I have so many fairies to choose from!
Glitter Varnishes in the USA linked here.
I see some great Christmas ornaments in the future!

2 comments:

  1. I just completely love this! Thank you, Carmi! xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. My what work that goes into each one! These would make terrific gifts.Thanks for sharing, Carmi.

    ReplyDelete