Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Poppies to Wear and Enjoy

These poppy earrings stopped me in my tracks last week in Paris.  I had one second to take a picture of them from the inside of the store.
I always have a hard time photographing poppies because they are so light they sway in the slightest breeze.  And they are often all gone by the time I land in Paris.
 This year I had better luck though!
 Even the poppies I photographed through glass worked out.  Isn't this necklace lovely?
 Like it's inspiration, these wearable flowers were oh so delicate.
I spent so much time staring at them.  I have no idea why I didn't just buy one!  Now that I am home I am kicking myself.
Poppies.  For now I will just enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely jewellery! The size, the simple shape, the colours -- everything.

    To bad you never got around to buying a piece, but I'm sure you could do something equally pretty yourself as a substitute. Flowers like that are pretty easy to make and melting [the edges of] organza is fun. Of cause it wouldn't have the same feeling as a memento from Paris would have, but it would be as pretty.

    ReplyDelete