Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Hand Made Scarf Brooch

The idea for this brooch popped into my head late last night. All of these things were out on my table and suddenly they seemed to belong together.

The wooden bezel I finished a few months ago. I love this art deco image and after I finished the design I could not decide it I wanted to make it a pendant for a necklace or perhaps a bracelet. So it sat waiting on my table. I have also had several of these hair barrets out for a while. I just couldn't decide what to attach to the center oval. A cameo would work, but nothing was calling to me.

The little glass vials I filled with some imagery and glass beads. These always look so pretty when they are filled. I used a little wire to attach them to the beret. I chose a beret for the attachment because I needed something that could attach itself to a very thick scarf. A regular scarf pin would not have worked.

This is the scarf that needed a special pin. I made it myself using a no - knitting technique. Basically all the fibers are sewn into place.

No knit scarfs are a specialty of mine! I love how these special yarns look when you sew them together as opposed to knitting.

I am very happy with the results!

1 comment:

  1. where...there U go again little miss creatively talented brooch maker you !As always...special and spectacular.
    xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete