Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Antiquing in Allentown Pennsylvania!

I have just unpacked my antique haul from my weekend trip to Pennsylvania.
Everything you see is from just one store.
 In the Merchant Square Mall I discovered Hidden Valley Treasures.  I was so overwhelmed when I walked in that I neglected to take a picture of the whole store.
Bonnie, the owner is known as the "linen lady" and clearly needs to become my new best friend. 
Look at the piles and piles of beautiful linen.  Everything is clean and ironed and her prices are excellent.
 There was so much more to see in her store however.  
She has been in the Mall for 22 years and her inventory was wonderful.
 This gingham apron has the most wonderful hand sewed rick rack.  The quilted pin cushion caught my eye as well.  The work involved to make just one...sigh.  
 I found some sweet vintage beaded projects.
 I can't tell you how hard it was not to buy everything.
 These handmade items I will incorporate into other projects.
 Those napkins are incredible.
She also allowed me to pick through stacks of her costume jewelry.
Several hours went by and it was time for me to go.  I could have spent the whole day with Bonnie.  
A wonderful store with a wonderful owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment