Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crazy Cuff

This is the first of what will become a series of crazy cuffs.
In defining a crazy quilt, what most appeals to me is the line "little or no regard to pattern."
I have discovered that what usually holds me back from beading is the feeling that I need to follow precise patterns.  If one bead is placed wrong...the whole project is a mess.

No longer.  I shall bead like the crazy quilter crafters do.

crazy quilt
-a patchwork quilt made of irregular patches combined with little or no regard to pattern
-something that is irregular in pattern or shape, and suggestive of a crazy quilt; patchwork
(via dictionary.com)
 I glued some resin stones randomly on a piece of stiff stuff.
 Then I just had fun sewing anything and everything to the cuff!  
I love the artisan yarn and my bead colour choices.
 This is hours and hours of relaxation.
 No pattern, no plan, no instructions to follow!
Now I have a reason to continue buying these one a kind spinned yarns!

6 comments:

  1. That is just so bright and cheery. I love the chaos... it just works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmi, all I can think to say is, "Wow!" Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! Found your site from Cyndi's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's crazy cool! And it's always fun to find a really good reason to buy more craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is the stiff stuff and where do you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is called Lacy's Stiff Stuff. If you google it, many many online stores will appear.

    ReplyDelete