Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Die Cutting Fish Leather with the eBosser

This turtle was cut out of a small piece of fish leather.  I have been working with Fish leather all year and this is a cross promotional post with Metal Complex today.

Fish leather is an eco friendly alternative to leather because it uses fish skin that ordinarily is thrown away.  These unique one of a kind pieces of leather are made from the tilapia fish.  They are pricey though.  So when I work with it I do not waste one inch.  That's why using metal dies from Spellbinders was ideal to cut out one perfect turtle.

I set my eBosser up as though it was cutting fabric.  I already have mentioned how powerful this machine is....it gives you the industrial strength pressure you need to cut through thick fibers.

Ta da!  Turtle cut and perfect!  The fibers on the reverse are a little stringy so I did cut a second turtle from felt to line it.

Then out came a fe more supplies from Metal Complex and I assembled a sweet lightweight summer necklace.

Look at this professional finish!  I glued my felt to the fish leather with some fabric glue.
I am back on the Shopping Channel tomorrow night at 7pm with an eBosser special!

No comments:

Post a Comment