Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Lamp and Crafty Links

 A few weeks ago I spotted a women pulling this beautiful lamp out of her van at the antique market.  She gave me a great price...but hesitated actually giving it to me.  She really liked it too!  I am so glad I got it.  I have never seen anything like it.  The attached plate is perfect for potpourri!  I would put candy there...but then the dish would always be empty.
Now that I have had the lamp for two weeks I have given some more thought to the plate.  I wonder if it was an ashtray?


Browse through this list of unique, homemade Halloween costume ideas and then share yours!

Aileen shows you how to turn a washing machine lid into a chalk/magnetic board!  

Did you know that you can bead a bezel for...get this...a large BEAD? Yup! And it's really easy! 

Cherie makes a sculpture using green and gold glasses.  

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at our crafty world
This week at Craftside there is a pattern and tutorial on how to sew an acorn, two cat cross stitch patterns, an interview with Lisa Solomon author of Knit Thread Stitch, and some fiber nutrition tips.  


Crafty Princess Diaries
Download a free book excerpt from the adorable new title How to Make Stuffed Animals published by Quarry.  


Eileen - The Artful Crafter
This week, The Artful Crafter tells how you can create free yarn crafting patterns online.  
 
Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
How to make a recycled champagne cork acorn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment