Monday, May 07, 2012

Kumihimo and the Mary Harding Pendant

 Last year I bought this Mary Harding clover pendant after seeing her work online.  
I have been trying to decide how to make it wearable.  It really is special and it is made from earthenware clay.
This weekend I pulled together some yarn and rattail to make this kumihimo cord.  Now my pendant is beautifully showcased and later on if I want to add it to a different necklace I can easily remove it from this cord.

My crafty blog links!

Aileen’s Musings
Aileen offers you a free printable label and shares the recipe for some tasty grapefruit curd.
Carmi’s Art/Life World
Carmi reviews her first class at a Toronto sewing school.
Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at our crafty world
This week at Craftside there are tutorials on how to chiffonade leafy greens, sew a dart-in apron tie, make a retro kitty disco ball, and patch wallpaper perfectly.
Eileen - The Artful Crafter
Eileen has been at sea with creativity while making mementos of the trip of a lifetime.
Mixed Media Artist
Nothing makes bright colors pop quite like framing them with black!
Stefanie Girard’s Sweater Surgery
How to decorate a sombrero for Cinco De Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment