Sunday, February 13, 2011

Plotting Revenge

My favorite character gnome moved into the garden this summer with his mushrooms.
He is so heavy though. He is made of cement and weighs over 200 pounds....we decided not to bring him into the garage for the winter.
In January I posted this image of him. I get a little nervous seeing him this covered up with snow. I can't get to him to clear him off. The gate is fixed in place with piles of snow too.

But today I am super worried. I think he is plotting his revenge now for sure.
Sorry Gnomey!!!!

I am inside again now enjoying my second hot cup of coffee. I hope you have time to enjoy me great beading blog links!

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene unveils the February monthly challenge.
Beads & Books
Michelle shares the bracelet she made for 7000 Bracelets for Hope. There's still time to make and donate a denim blue bracelet for this great cause.
Carmi's Art/Life World
This week Carmi has a hand felted heart brooch to celebrate Canadian Valentines!
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
Finding the perfect findings can be difficult. Here are some suggestions.
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie uses metallic resin clay to solve a design problem of altering antique buttons to make them into charms and links.
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean got some super wonderful beads from Amy Freeland , her Bead Blog Soup Party partner, and shares some photos of them and some thoughts with her readers here!
The Bead Dreamer
Bead Soup starts to simmer in Charlene's studio
About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has a new book review out, this one for a book on making ceramic jewelry.
A Bead A Day
Lisa shares a great new beading resource that has just hit the shelves!! It's Tammy Powley's new book, "The Complete Photo Guide to Jewelry Making"!

3 comments:

  1. Poor snow gnome! Hope it thaws for you real quick

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hear the gnome singing, "I've got to get out of here" as he sinks further down in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had no beautiful flower bulbs in the vicinity of Mr. Gnome. I do think he's in there plumping up on all the delicious blooms! It will be an interesting spring to see how much weight he gains :)

    ReplyDelete