Saturday, February 19, 2011

Manly Cards - Made Digitally

Today I need two cards for men friends. One older and one younger. I never have "men themed" cards in my inventory so I needed to make these individual cards yesterday in order to give them out today.

I made these cards with digital elements I received free with my UK Complete Cardmaking magazine. The CD had a section called "not for girls." Perfect! Just what I needed.

For the first card this is what my screen looked like. There were so many digital files to choose from that my screen was packed with possibilities. I choose one sentiment and then added it to the bottle cap image to make a special button for the card.

For the second card my screen was even busier!
In the end these are the four elements I selected to make that card. Two pieces of back ground paper and two images I tweaked to make 1 1/2 inch buttons for the card. Assembly was quick and easy with the addition of a little ribbon. Working digitally always gives me great ideas for future projects.

Here are my Saturday Crafty Blogger Links

About Family Crafts
Stop by and share your crafty cleaning tips and read other people's tips!
Aileen's Musings
Aileen has repost of a fun shipping tag tutorial, stop by and check it out!
Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi crafts some pretty flower brooches with a new tool from Clover!
Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
This week at Craftside there is a free tulip quilt block pattern and tutorial, interviews with Susan Strawn author of Knitting America on NPR, Carla Sonheim author of Drawing Lab with details of her workshop at the Etsy Lab in Brooklyn, and a couple of cool DIY sewing tips.
Crafty Princess Diaries
Tammy's craft club is now slip stitching squares together to make their first baby afghans.
Cross Stitch at About.com
Connie's dedicating a design to some serious stitchers who are gearing up for some HUGE stitching projects. She reminds them to "Begin with the End in Mind".
Eileen - The Artful Crafter
Here are directions for making a double strand charm bracelet from Eileen. She made this one for a real life angel. Choose your charms to suit any occasion you like.
Mixed Media Artist
Cyndi has a brand new copy of the wonderful book "Scraps" to give away this week! It's a mixed media lover's dream...
Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
How to make a recycled color wheel dart board.
The Crochet Dude
Drew gives five good reasons why January was a blur!

No comments:

Post a Comment