Friday, November 12, 2010

Opening the Box

These pictures are close ups from the lid of a box I opened at a Paris antique market.

I originally found the box in a pile by a vendors table at the Marche aux Puces de la porte de Vanves. This antique market is in the 14th and takes place over the weekend. I love this market because it is an outdoor street market with many unusual and unexpected dealers and objects.

I can never walk by a box or drawer without opening it. Are you the same? I have opened hundreds of boxes and never found a thing until this trip to Paris.

Nestled in a bed of hay was this statue.
I have said it before and I'll say it again.
If I lived in France this would have come home with me.
If this box would have fit in my luggage......same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment