Thursday, September 16, 2010

What I Do With Parisian Vintage Ribbons


I bought this vintage ribbon in Paris at the big antique market.
These are the ribbon samplers that a sales person would have had when they were visiting store keepers. You have the same pattern in many different colours.

Jacquard ribbon is so lush and thick. I always knew that one day I would do something special with these pieces.

This is what makes my heart race in Paris. Boxes of vintage ribbons and millinery supplies. My sample ribbons were very expensive. Today I know they were worth every penny! I am so glad I didn't put them back after picking them out of a bin. I could never have made these beads look this way without these unique patterns.

These are the beads I hand sewed this week. The rose was the one feature on the ribbon I tried to keep as is. I sewed beads all over the bead and thoroughly enjoyed the process.

My finished necklace. This piece is featured on my other blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment