Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hot Pink Is A Favorite



Just a few more hand sewn block beads to add to my collection. They start out as an inch wide, but after stuffing sometimes they expand. The addition of felt balls makes them even bigger.

I made this piece of fabric this week with all my leftover strips. The skulls are from the Frida cards I have been making. Since I am going to be in a one day Day of The Dead show I was thinking about making a new necklace to wear. I'll get about 7 fabric blocks out of this piece so I am curious to see how they might string together later this week.

I am so happy to have a quiet cool Sunday ahead of me. There are some gardening chores to attend to.
Just a few weeks ago I had a hundred hot pink flowers to photograph. Now the remnants of petals are all that these plants have to prove that they were once fabulous and the stars of the garden.

If you have time to relax this morning please take a peak at some of my favorite bead blogger links.


About.com Jewelry Making

Check out this new rivet gadget for making cold connections with your jewelry.

Art Bead Scene

Looking for inspiration for the ABS monthly challenge? Come check out the list of Art Deco sources at ABS.

Barbe Saint John

Barbe reviews some Rings and Things Halloween Beads and is giving some away too!

Beading Arts

Wool roving for a necklace? Cyndi's tutorial is finished!

Carmi's Art/Life World

Carmi uses her Parisian ribbon collection to make some fabulous beads.

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva

Cindy brought back some beach treasures Lake Huron. She's created a keepsake with them you'll want to see.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles

Melanie reflects on the politics of the playground for a series of hopscotch themed pendants

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!

Jean explores creative jewelry design using inspiration employing wordplay--what do you think?

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton

Andrew gets interviewed by Ray Hemachandra for a Blogger Profile on Lark Crafts: Jewelry & Beading.



No comments:

Post a Comment