Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cemetary Visit - Looking for Modigliani

There are not many cities in the world where a visit to the cemetery is on the "must do" list.
Paris has such a cemetery. The Père Lachaise Cemetery is something you should not miss if you love history. It is absolutely huge and trust me when I say, you need the map. Buy it as soon as you arrive.

Even with the map we had a really hard time finding this grave.
Modigliani is one of the painters I love the most. I really, really wanted to pay my respects. I was so mad at myself for not bringing flowers.

And then I noticed someone brought something more appropriate.
Next time I will be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely memories of a peaceful day. I was on a quest for Edith Piaf. I love Chopin as well, and found this a most fascinating and reverent endroit in Paris. Some days one appreciates the quiet in the midst of all that Paris is. Thanks for this glimpse and memory jog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite part of the trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete