Thursday, July 22, 2010

Capturing an Idea

This picture is a typical example of what happens when you try to take a picture of a window. The reflection is brighter than the interior. It looks like I am in the shop, but I was trying to take a picture of the sign in the door which really appealed to me: "Art Textures." I noticed today that I might have taken a better picture if I didn't have so many bags in my hands...ahhh. Shopping in Paris.

Anyway. Into the store I went and naturally, since I was inside I asked if I could take a photo. This frame of frames was such a great idea. White on white. The postcards in the frames just popped and I thought I would like to make such a frame myself. A photo for inspiration was needed...but again, not a great picture on my part.

But when I got it home and uploaded the picture into my computer I was able to lighten and brighten it. Now you can really see the concept!

1 comment:

  1. Love the ornate frames - classic with a twist with funky postcards <3 it :D

    ReplyDelete