Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beautiful Mannequins

One of the things I noticed is that quite a few of us "Paris lovers" are also "vintage mannequin lovers." When I see one I just swoon.
Thank goodness they won't fit in my luggage or I am sure I would have dozens of them stock piled in the studio by now. This mannequin head was hard to leave behind though. Wood and clearly needing a little love, she definitely called to me. I especially wanted to set her free from the grumpy old antique dealer who immediately yelled out "no photos." Ha. I snapped one image and it was just perfect. I would have loved a close up though.
My policy is, no photo, no sale.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Let's give her a name and a story. Elise or Charlotte....she worked in a sweet shop in Paris and made the most delicious of confections, whatever became of our sweet Elise?

    ReplyDelete